Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Moyes, Kingsolver, Lavene, Edwards, Wiggs

A place to share what you are currently reading and to see what others are reading this week. Check in with Sheila at Book Journey and link up and see what others are reading.


I finally got brave and took this one down off the bookshelf. I bought it for myself for my birthday in 2013, so it has been almost 2 year. Sheila encouraged me to try it!  So far I am loving it. 


Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes (Goodreads Author)

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

This one is the November selected read of the Goodreads group Love of Reading. I have been wanting to read it for sometime so was glad to do it now. 

from Goodreads:
The Poisonwood Bible is a story told by the wife and four daughters of Nathan Price, a fierce, evangelical Baptist who takes his family and mission to the Belgian Congo in 1959. They carry with them everything they believe they will need from home, but soon find that all of it -- from garden seeds to Scripture -- is calamitously transformed on African soil. What follows is a suspenseful epic of one family's tragic undoing and remarkable reconstruction over the course of three decades in postcolonial Africa.


It was an unusual week in that I also brought 3 new books to my stacks. Two were titles that were passed on to me by friends:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

The Goodbye Quilt by Susan Wiggs


And the 3rd one was ordered from Amazon when I ordered a couple of other non-bookish things. I have read the other 4 in this series so ,of course, I had to have it.

A Corpse for Yew ( A Peggy Lee Garden Mystery) by Joyce and Jim Lavene 

This one came from a marketplace seller on Amazon and she enclosed a gorgeous bookmark in the book . A really neat surprise.
Thanks, Kim. I love bookmarks!!!!

I found Mailbox Monday again. I had lost track of it and hadn't linked up there is a long time. I will today. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

10 comments:

  1. I really want to read Susan Wiggs book, shes one of my favorite authors, it looks good. Happy Reading!!

    Here is my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had The Poisonwood Bible on my TBR shelf for years, I'm going to have to give it a go soon. I hope you enjoy it.
    My It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Poisonwood Bible is one of my fave books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I read (and loved) Me Before You, I started adding more books from this author and loving them all. Hope you have found a new favorite author.

    The Goodbye Quilt looks like something I'd enjoy, and I love this author, too.

    Enjoy your week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for finding Mailbox Monday at its permanent home on the blog all its own. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Me Before You...glad you're enjoying it! And I've had The Poisonwood Bible on my shelf for years...will be interested to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read The Poisonwood Bible and enjoyed it.

    Gorgeous bookmark.

    ENJOY your books and your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard such, such great things about Jojo Moyes' books. I've yet to read a single thing by her yet, but she's definitely one whose been on my to-read list for a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Me Before You. Glad you're enjoying it too. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete