Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thankgiving



The turkey is in the crockpot, the pie has been baked, the salads are in the fridge. Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Coffee and pumpkin donut holes on the table by my chair. We are having a small family celebration, our granddaughter, her husband and 15 month old son. I tried some new tweaks this year. Our granddaughter had given up gluten in an effort to "feel better". She is already dairy and coconut free. I found a recipe for gluten free, dairy free brownies and will serve them with raspberry sorbet. Her husband is making a gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie to bring.
I also picked up gluten free croutons for stuffing, and our traditional cranberry salad has two versions this year, one with whipped cream and one without.

If the new recipes pass "muster", I will share the recipes tomorrow on Weekend Cooking at  Beth Fish Reads.

Until then,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment