Tuesday, November 4, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday -

Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea gives us a place to share the first paragraph of the first chapter of a book we are reading or maybe hope to read soon. Come join us.



I.O.U.Sex  Sandra Nachlinger & Sandra Allen
2010


Chapter 1
IOU


March 20, 1965 - A perfect 18th birthday with my perfect boyfriend. He gave me a single pearl on a gold chain. Drove to Kiest Park and   ***  .  I love him so. I'd  do anything for him, except IT, but it's soooo tempting.      (substitute "hearts" for the asterisks, I could not get hearts to print in blogger)
      June flipped the diary face down on the coffee table to mark her place and smiled at her two best friends. She was glad she'd  kept the book. Kiki and Peggy had lived those high school days with her, and they treasured her diary as a priceless record of their teenaged years, just as much as she did. Their friendship warmed her more than the blazing logs in the fireplace  or her glass of wine.
       "Don't stop reading," Kiki begged, gulping the last of her beer. "This is too damn funny."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am enjoying this one. Would you keep reading?  Sandra N. is a fellow blogger and I enjoyed her other book, Bluebonnets for Elly.




Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



10 comments:

  1. Based on just the title I would read more. I enjoyed the intro too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I loved both of Sandra's books, and this one was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine: “FIVE DAYS LEFT”


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this one is fun. I enjoyed her other one too !

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a delightful surprise to find our book featured on your blog! I hope you're enjoying the story. We had a lot of fun writing it.
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would keep reading! It reminds me of the time I re-read my diary from so long ago. It wasn't very interesting. My parents were mad at me for "no reason" a lot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I jump in and leave a comment? The book was actually inspired by my high school diary.

      Delete
  5. Not my kind of read, but yay for Sandra for her talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the intro and even more so knowing it's by a fellow book blogger. I'm off to find it.

    [Sorry to be so late but yesterday and this morning I couldn't get my comment to post. I thought maybe it was Blogger/Goggle because it happened on a couple of other blogs. Now I think it must be my computer.]

    ReplyDelete