Friday, November 28, 2014

Catching UP 2014 Ebooks


As we count down to the end of the year, I find I need to post my last ebook reads.



I read from October 30 to November 1st
Bluebonnets for EllyBluebonnets for Elly by Sandra Nachlinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elly's fiance has betrayed her. Her grandmother has fallen and injured her ankle. Her parents are in Italy. So what's a girl to do? She moves in with Granny to help her out. While she is staying with her grandmother, Elly decides to tackle Granny's abundance of treasures. There is one problem with this situation, Elly is only supposed to stay with her grandmother for 30 days, according to the rules in the retirement village where Marge Macauley lives. Elly must rely on various disguises to avoid the prying eyes of the president of the Geriatic Government.

There is one in this seemingly smothering situation. The landscape guy is hunky Derek White. He makes Elly wonder if maybe she has been celibate too long!

This story is your consummate chick lit. Young beautiful red-head, strong viril gardener, a feisty out-spoken grandmother, and of course a jealous ex-wife. But Sandra tells the story with out being schmaltzy or too predictable. It is well written, I immediately became engaged with the characters. I'm more Marge (Granny) Macculey's age, but I could identify with Elly too. It is a great story.




I read from November 4th through the 9th.
I.O.U. SexI.O.U. Sex by Sandra Nachlinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I started this book I thought it would be a fun read. I was not wrong, but it turned out to be more than that. It is a story about friendship, life lessons, and second chances.

When June and Peggy and Kiki decide during an evening of girl talk and drink, to look up their old boyfriend and pay them back for the sex they withheld in high school, I thought: that will be a disaster!

Each of the stories, June's, Peggy's and Kiki's are different, but are a happily ever after ending. I'm not really telling any spoilers as it is pretty clear from the start where this book is going. The character development was great, I felt I knew each of these women. Maybe it was pretty exceptional that the men they looked up were ready, willing and available, but that makes a good chick lit story.

I am married to my HS sweetheart, but when I was talking to my sister about this premise, she doesn't even want to look up her HS crush. He spent time in prison and turned out to be a pretty shady character. Most of us are probably glad we moved forward from whom we were attracted to in high school.

I enjoyed reading this book and I enjoyed Sandra Nachlinger's other novel, Bluebonnet's for Elly. I would recommend either of them to anyone looking for a feel good, easy read.






No comments:

Post a Comment