Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday Snapshot - What to Do?

West Metro Mommy Reads hosts this Saturday meme. Click on over to Melinda's blog and check out the rules and see other posts.

Today there will not be much reading time. Today is our annual N.E.W. Quilt Show. In past years I have been on the committee but this year I did not participate. I am no spring chicken and the work involved set me back. I appreciate the time and effort it takes to make an event like this happen. It is a lot of work. So this year I will enter a few items.

 The Winnie the Pooh and Friends quilt was make last year for our #2 great grandson. It did not get entered in the show, partly because he was born early September and he already had it. Secondly, last year was Storm Atlas the first week in October and our quilt show was cancelled. The first time in 30 years.

Log Cabin Pumpkins, Seasonal Banners
This year (2014) my focus was to "bust my stash." The Log Cabin table runner has six log cabin pumpkins in an elongated octagon shape.  I used only fabrics from my stash.  The four seasons small banners, Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer where featured in Quick Quilts magazine in 2012 and all fabrics were from my stash. I have not purchased any new fabric this year, with the exception of one piece to make an already mostly finished quilt bigger to fit on our guest bed. I am pretty proud of that, but even so my shelves and totes and baskets are still overflowing!. I have made other things, but they will not be entered in the show.  My word, I can't believe it! I will have to do the same thing for 2015. My hope is to reduce the over abundance of materials and kits, etc.

Maybe next week , I will have pictures to share of all the quilts at the show.



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! I wish you'd photographed close ups of the projects! They're so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quilts. I agree close ups would have been great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. Did you do the quilting yourself? I need to tackle my stash too. My fabric addiction is taking over one whole room! Maybe a couple of string quilts ...
    Here's the link to my snapshots: Cinque Terre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pumpkin quilt is really cute -- great for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful work. My favourite is the orange and green one. It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hands must have been busy and happy recently. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. Thank you for sharing and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really taken with your log cabin pumpkin quilt. It's beautiful and so creative. I'd love to see a picture of just that quilt. Congrats on lowering your stash. That's a tough thing to do.

    ReplyDelete