Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday Snapshots - October 11 - NEW Quilt Show




Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. It is a place to share photos taken by you, a friend or family  member, not random ones found on the web. They must be appropriate for all eyes. 
Last Saturday I attended our local Quilt Show. This year I was not on the committee, so I just enjoyed the creativity of the people in our community. Below are some of the entries that caught my eye. 


Small memory crazy quilt by Barb B. This was an original design for her granddaughter. Lots of scraps and embroidered memories on this one!

Lynn's fabulous quilt with embroidery and pieced blossoms. Crabapple Hill pattern

Over the River and Through the Woods in teal and cream instead of the traditional black and beige. 

Close up of an embroidered snowflake, blinged and beaded on Lynn's Snow Flurries quilt.  

A different take on a regular T-shirt quilt. It was made for a member of the Rodeo Club and used some of his western type rodeo shirts that are sometimes won along with a ribbon and bragging rights. 

This one doesn't show up well, but it was grey, cream/yellow and aqua. Very pretty in person. 

Needle-turned applique album quilt, in saturated pastels.
Some of the pictures are quilts made by people I did not know. Saturday during judging, the name of the quilt was not revealed. Only after judging and awarding ribbons, was the information tag opened so you could see who made the quilt and if it was professionally quilted or quilted on a home machine. 

I entered some projects but none were winners. I did not expect them to be, but wanted to support the committee and bring entries. It makes for a good quilt show if there are lots of things to look at. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

Judy










14 comments:

  1. How fun, I love to look, my hands at the moment are to busy to quilt, but I did enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes other things keep me from quilting also.

      Delete
  2. I love quilts, and have had some over the years that I hung on walls, over railings, etc. They are great displayed artistically. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lots of people quilt nowadays to display as art. Some are used on beds and as snuggle quilts for children, but not like in the past.

      Delete
  3. LOve,love,love that varied size pinwheel quilt! I'm working on a pinwheel quilt right now, so it is especially inspiring ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinwheels are so fun to do, aren't they?

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing these lovely works of art. Such details! So many hours of work went into each creation. My favorite is the memory quilt. I'd love to make one myself -- one of these days! I've been collecting fabrics.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog: Cinque Terre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That memory quilt made me want to make one too.

      Delete
  5. I have always wanted to know how to quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someday when you are old and gray!! TeeHee!!! Not all quilters are old ladies, but lot of us are!

      Delete
  6. Some wonderful quilts. Inspirational. I have never heard of a quilt show over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's strange! Do they have events where you can display your awesome knitting creations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some real beauties here Judy - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete