Friday, October 10, 2014

Review: Black Roses by Jenn Brink

Another Ebook to post to this challenge hosted by Sarah  at Workaday Reads. I signed up at the DVD Level which is 25 ebooks. Not a difficult challenge I didn't think. I need to get a move on, this is only #12. I have lots of books downloaded, but I have been reading print books too.


Black Roses (Jessica Hart, #1 )Black Roses by Jenn Brink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jess is in over her head, and yet she believes she can handle her situation. When she picks her fiance up at Sea-Tac airport, she notices a buxom blond at his side. He almost makes it to the car, when some guys from the company say they need him at the office. This begins her adventure!

This book had a lot going for it. Strong willed female protagonist, a mystery stalker, funny one-liners, lots of sexual tension, and a beautiful setting. But this particular Kindle edition was hard to read. Chapter Four was a duplicate of Chapter Three. I don't think I missed anything, it was just a duplicate. There were sentences that did not make sense due to missing words, or duplicated words. This took away from my enjoyment of the book. This was downloaded from the author, I wonder if there is a better edition available now? Maybe it was an ARC and now there is a final revised version. Hmmmm?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment