Saturday, October 25, 2014

Letter To My Daughter - Maya Angelou



Hosted by Jennifer at The Introverted Reader this annual challenge is a place to share all the nonfiction books you are reading. Link up with Jen at her sign up post and join the fun. This is my 9th entry in this challenge. I signed up at the Explorer Level = 6-10 books.





Letter to My DaughterLetter to My Daughter by Maya Angelou
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a quick fun read. Set up in short letter style pages, Ms Angelou tells about life lessons she learned but chooses not to give advice, or give a moral to her stories. It is for you or me to take these life lessons and apply them.

Maya Angelou uses her superb story telling skills, her command of language to share her life and the lessons she learned. I wish I could have heard it in her own unique voice. I loved listening to her large husky voice.

I checked this book out from our local library. But I know now that I must own this volume. I read this in one day, taking a few breaks to process and share what I read. I will re read and re read. I want it on my shelves!




No comments:

Post a Comment