Tuesday, October 7, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Brink


Each Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea host this meme as a place to share the first chapter and first paragraph ( or a few) from  your current read or one you hope to start soon.



Jenn Brink
Book 1 in the Jessica Hart series
May 2013
Downloaded free from the author


My name is Jessica, but only my mother calls me that, everyone else just calls me Jessie. My birthday is in a few days, the big three-o. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. Thankfully, most people guess that I'm about twenty-five. On a good day, I still get carded. On a bad day, I get a muffin top, probably the result of too many muffins. I have green eyes (which I love), freckles on my nose, cheeks, shoulders, and everywhere else (which I hate), and dark auburn hair that causes me more pain than it's worth most days. Some days it's wavy and some days it's straight. Today, it in ponytail.

So, what do you think?  Would you keep reading? 


I plan to get this one finished this week and to get some binding ready for a quilt that is at the quilter and maybe finish a summer table topper that was in a kit I bought on clearance, 2 years ago!!! 



Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

12 comments:

  1. This sounds good Judy -- curious where it;s headed. (I've added your link on my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds pretty good. I think I'd like to know a little more.
    Today I'm featuring Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I love the sound of the character...just enough self-deprecation to make her likeable. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BOOKSELLER”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give this one a go. Thanks for sharing it and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The opening gives us a lot of info about the main character. She sounds like someone I'd like to meet, so I'd keep reading to find out more about her.
    My Tuesday post features SAVING SHELBY SUMMERS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think I need a few more pages before deciding - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the intro. It's got just the right amount of humor in it. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummmm, it's okay. I haven't written it on my list. I would like to see how you like it. I like the title.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The intro has me wanting to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, Judy, but it didn't grab me. I'd need to read a few pages. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd have to read a bit more to see what the story is about. Enjoy your book. Have a nice week! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete