Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Snapshot 9-20-14




Melissa at West Metro Mommy Reads hosts this Saturday meme. Here are the rules from her blog. 


To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky below. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.





Last week I posted pictures of our September snow, this week it has been quite warm. One day it was nearly 90. The saying goes, "in Wyoming if you don't like the weather just wait a moment".

I talked about a quilt I was working on, in one of my posts last week. So I hung a pale pink sheet on my design wall, so the picture would show up better.It is very pale, white and aqua, some lavender and blue. It isn't finished, there are paper-pieced blocks to border this center. Paper piecing is not my favorite technique, but I am working on them. There is still lots of embroidery to do and some beading. It is called Snow Flurries and I am anxious to continue to work on it.



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



17 comments:

  1. I like this pattern so much. Beautiful snowy stars!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/09/where-is-that-gingerbread-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to create lovely quilts like this one. Snapshot Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts! I love hanging them as art...or once I lived in a townhouse with a loft and hung them over a rail there. I would have loved having this one!

    Thanks for sharing. Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one will be small enough to be a wall hanging. I wish I had a loft to hang them from.

      Delete
  4. Lovely!! My mother quilted but I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful design and lovely craftsmanship. The subtle colors are just perfect for snowflakes. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt (along with some close-ups of the embroidery and beading). You've inspired me to get back to work on my "one block wonder" quilt!
    Sandy @Texas Twang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun to combine the different types of handwork that I enjoy.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. You are do clever. I love the gentle colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are soft and gentle. I am anxious to complete it.

      Delete
  7. How beautiful! Maybe one day I will advance my sewing skills to quilting. I would love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started due to the urging of a friend, hopefully you will give it a try.

      Delete
  8. Its a pleasant design and colour choices. It will look great when it is done. If I could teach myself to quilt using Youtube videos then anyone can. Hopefully you will give it a try some day Jane.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some awesome videos out there. Lots of great tutorials!

      Delete