Monday, September 1, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? New Month New Goal

Join us at Sheila's blog, Book Journey, where we share the books were are currently reading or want to start soon. Some of us will share the books we recently finished also, with maybe a link to a review. It is great fun, but fair warning, you will add to your TBR read list for sure.

This week I am still listening to :
I am enjoying this book just as I enjoyed The Life of Bees by the same author. The narrating of this one is superb. 


And I am also reading on my Kindle:
As I said in the past I am not a Stephen King fan, do not read his books, but so far ( and I have just started) I am involved with this one. It is of course, very well written.

My goal this month is to get caught up on my challenge to read 72 books this year. Goodreads says I am now 2 books behind. So I must pick up the pace. As of today I have 4 months, or 122 days to finish 27 books. If my calculations are correct, that means I must read 1 book every 4.5 days. That is pushing it for me. I always thought I was a fast reader, but compared to some I am not. And the older I get, the harder it gets. But I will work at getting to this goal.


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




5 comments:

  1. Good luck on reaching your GoodReads goal. My extra free time in the summer lets me get ahead of my goal. I have quite a cushion to take into my busier fall. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read the new Sue Monk. I'm going to see if my library has the audio version. :)

    Ooh, I absolutely loved 11/22/63. I hope you love it as much as I did!

    I'm a bit behind on my Goodreads goal, too, but that happens every summer.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how when we see we are behind on goodreads, its like..omg! lol. I got behind a few months ago and joined challenges and read a thons and went nuts, now im super ahead, but a bit burned out:) good luck on reaching that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your reading challenge. I am a few books ahead of my goal. I started 11/22/63 in print, but it got too heavy, I need to put it on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do audios count for your goal? I find them a good way to sneak a few extra books into my count.

    ReplyDelete