Tuesday, August 5, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Distant Heart



Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where she shares the first paragraph or (a few) of a book she is reading or thinking of reading soon. I love to join this meme as often as I can. If you want to join in the fun, go to Diane's blog and link your post, for all of us to read.

Today I am sharing the first two paragraphs of the book I just started yesterday. It is a book I picked up from the clearance shelf at our local book store and it will help me complete The Mega Mix Challenge II that is sponsored on Goodreads by the Love of Reading Group.

Distant Heart
Tracey Bateman
Avon Inspire - an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers



One
Toni held her breath, biting back the scream that fought to tear itself from her dry, aching throat. Bronze, nearly naked bodies sat regally, cruelly, atop painted ponies, as fearsome as the masters who rode them. Under a flag of truce these warriors had ridden into camp; wanted to make a trade. And, unless Toni missed her guess, she was the one they had come to acquire. 
"Don't worry." Standing next to Toni, her friend and traveling companion, Fannie Caldwell, slipped her trembling hand into Toni's damp palm and nearly squeezed the blood from her fingers. She spoke with a confidence Toni was far from feeling. " Sam and Blake will never let them take you. Even if they have to kill every last one of those half-naked savages." 

This book is in the Christian fiction genre, so I am anticipating an easy touching read. What about you, would you continue with this book?

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



10 comments:

  1. This one doesn't appeal to me Judy, but I hope you enjoy it, and most of all I'm happy that you joined in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not sure if this is for me, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting. I would read more. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The intro caught my attention and has me curious, but I admit knowing it's Christian fiction is a little off putting. I would want to know more before continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of it but it certainly has a curious beginning. Enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like it could be an interesting story and different from what I usually read. I'd give it a try.
    My Tuesday post features BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The intro has my attention so, yes, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this is for me, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what Painted Ponies look like. I'm not sure about this one either. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete