Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Ttuesday Intros - The Invention of Wings



Diane at Bibliophile By The Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros as a place to share the first paragraph (or two) of the first chapter in a book you are currently reading or hope to start soon. Join us by linking up a post of your First Chapter First Paragraph to Diane's blog.




The Invention of Wings
Sue Monk Kidd
Viking
my edition is an audible. com version


Part One
November 1803 - February 1805

Hetty Handful Gremke

There was a time in Africa the people could fly. Mauma told me this one night when I was ten years old. She said, "Handful, your granny-mauma saw it for herself. She say they flew over trees and clouds. She say they flew like blackbirds. When we came here, we left that magic behind."


I've just started this novel. It is really good so far. I am sure it will continue.
Would you continue if you just read the first paragraph?
Have you read this one yet?



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

15 comments:

  1. I won this on a giveaway a while back but I still haven't got around to reading it. Naughty me! I've heard a lot of mixed things about it which I think is why I have put it off. The intro does sound interesting though. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that intro Judy and hope to read this one soon. Rave reviews from many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about this one. I've heard good things, but I'm still on the fence. Glad you are enjoying it, though!
    Today I'm featuring Five Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the audio version of this novel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did keep reading this book (with one of my book clubs) and really enjoyed it. Hope you do too.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/08/first-chapter-first-paragraph-73-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother loaned me a copy of this book, but I haven't yet read it. I want to though. It sounds like it will be good. I am glad you are enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting to read this one...it sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “AN ITALIAN WIFE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this on my wishlist so I am definitely going to be reading it sometime in the future. Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like it's completely different from what I've been reading lately -- and that's good! The opening definitely piqued my curiosity.
    Today I’m featuring THE MERMAID GARDEN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you like this book as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't picked this one up yet b/c I didn't love The Secret Life of Bees or The Mermaid Chair, but I hear this one is pretty different, so will probably end up reading it.
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-whiskey-tango-foxtrot-david-shafer/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would continue reading. This is an author I've wanted to try but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this, we are reading it for Book Club in September. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the beginning. Its a book on my list but I haven't started it yet. I'm curious what you think when you finish.

    ReplyDelete