Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 7-14-14




Join us at Book Journey, where we all share the books we are reading or listening to this week. Sheila hosts this delightful meme and her posts are fun. Link up at Book Journey and see what everyone is reading.

I am still at the same place listening to The Goldfinch as I was last week. Not much progress on that one. I did finish We Are Water by Wally Lamb and I have yet to get a review on paper. It was disturbing and compelling all at the same time. I am sorting out my thoughts.

I started
I had not read it not have I seen the movie, but  The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd is the first read for the fall of my face to face book club and I wanted to read this one first. It is awesome. I am really enjoying it. Finally a book that is uplifting and powerful after the last few I have read. I will finish is probably tonight and then I hope to start on Peony in Love to satisfy another challenge I am doing. 



Also, still residing in my car is 
this one is fun too, but I haven't progressed very far. 




Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




12 comments:

  1. I really liked The Secret Life of Bees -- I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I also love the title and cover art of Sleight of Paw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Invention of Wings. Let us know!

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie of The Secret Life of Bees is good too.

    Have a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to find the movie. Netflix I presume. We have very few movie rental places in our little town. Maybe the library has a copy??

      Delete
  4. I liked The Secret Life Of Bees but The Invention of Wings was brilliant, it's one of my favourites this year. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I am looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  5. I found the film of 'The Secret Life of Bees' absolutely heartbreaking so I haven't dared to approach the book yet! A friend of mine is reading 'The Goldfinch' and slightly struggling with it I believe! I'm a new follower! Great bunch of books :) Thanks for sharing
    My Monday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many have described Wally Lamb's books like that. After you read Secret Life of Bees, watch the movie also, such a great adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on finding a copy of the movie. Maybe my granddaughter and I will have a Girl's Movie Night.

      Delete
  7. I know exactly what you mean about We Are Water! I'll be on the lookout for your review.

    Thanks for reminding me of The Secret Life of Bees movie. Read the book years ago, but never got around to watching the film. I'll finish The Invention of Wings later today - it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for recommending The Invention of Wings. I am looking forward to it, after finishing The Secret Life of Bees.

      Delete
  8. All of the books and authors you mention are new to me. I haven't read any of them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete