Monday, July 21, 2014

IMWAYR? The Goldfinch, Sleight of Paw and Peony in Love ( again)






Join us at Book Journey, where we all share the books we are reading or listening to this week. Sheila hosts this delightful meme and her posts are fun. Link up at Book Journey and see what everyone is reading.

Not much has changed in the last week in the reading department.  I did finish The Secret Life of Bees and  I listened to a few more pages of The Goldfinch.  

 I liked this book at the beginning and even through the middle, now I am at 70% and I am not liking Theo Decker very much right now.  I am hoping for redemption for him by the end of the book. We will see. 

Sophie Kelley's book Sleight of Paw still resides in my car. It is an interesting story with a middle aged librarian who "owns" cats. Well not really owns them, but shares her home with them. There is a love interest that I am hoping evolves to a real relationship, but I am not sure if it will or not. There has also been a murder, hence the cozy mystery genre.    



I am about 1/3 of the way into Peony in Love.  Lisa See tells the history of life in China in the 17th century with great detail. You are transported there, you can practically smell the ginger and jasmine. Peony falls in love with a man she can never be with. Her marriage at age 16 is already arranged. How will she survive?


Hopefully I will make some strides this week. I have not been very productive at all. 
Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

1 comment:

  1. Sleight of Paws looks like a fun one and if it's a series then maybe that love interest will come about in one of the books..they usually do in cozies. :) Hope you end up enjoying all your reads.

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-75/

    ReplyDelete