Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Intros Tuesday-The Potting Shed Quilt by Ann Hazelwood



Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea gives you a place to share the first chapter, first paragraph of a book you are currently reading or want to read. It's a great place to see what others are reading and to add to your list of possible new titles.




The Potting Shed Quilt
Ann Hazelwood
AQS Publishing
I was wearing my silly straw gardening hat and favorite torn jeans as I walked down the aisle. Then I noticed brown edges on my bouquet. What would people think of the owner of Brown's Botanical Flower Shop carrying such pathetic flowers at her own wedding? Perhaps brown was the the color scheme, I thought, noting brown wilted flowers gracing the pews. " Not to worry," I told myself. The real purpose here was to join Sam Dickson in holy matrimony. But when I reached for his arm, the face attached to it was not Sam's, but Ted's,  my former boyfriend!

Would you continue to read?   This book is a "share" from a quilting friend of mine. It is part of a trilogy and this is book #2.  Normally I would never read #2 before reading #1, but  "beggars can't be choosy" my mom always used to say.  So I am going to read it see if I feel that it can stand alone.


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I figured out that this is a dream sequence. At first I was confused about the character getting married in her gardening hat! Not sure if I would read it, would need to know more, but enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet she's dreaming. :-) I like the sound of the intro and would keep reading. I like the "voice" of the narrator--she grabbed me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has GOT to be a dream! Since I love quilting and flowers, I'll definitely read this one. Sounds like fun. My only hesitation is that I've read another AQS book and it was poorly edited -- filled with errors. I hope this series is better. (I'll check out the "look inside" feature on Amazon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that Judy - it definitely has potential.

    ReplyDelete