Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday Snapshot 1st Saturday of June


Every Saturday Melinda at  West Metro Mommy Reads hosts Saturday Snapshot. To participate , post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky portion of her blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.

This week's photo is one taken by my sister. My younger sister is an avid gardener and a fabulous cook. She grows both vegetables and flowers. Several years ago she discovered a wild orchid growing in a small bed off the edge of her lower deck. Of course she nurtured it and loved it. Last week she and her husband traveled to MN to attend our nephew's wedding. Upon their return she discovered this .

Covered in tiny yellow blooms. She expressed that she believes it is an omen for the marriage of that special young couple . I cannot find fault with her reasoning. 


We had a very hectic week this last week. We had company from Florida, I worked filling in at my old place of employment and we moved my MIL to a different part of the retirement center where she lives. Her level of care has increased and she needed more attention. She just had her 90th birthday in March so it was expected eventually, but it happened quite suddenly. This next week will end with a party to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. Our son and daughter are planning it from their homes, but they will be here with many others I hope. It is a pretty amazing milestone and one reached by determination and devotion and commitment . 


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. So nice to consider that a beautiful plant might be a happy omen of the future.

    Here's my Saturday Snapshot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire gardeners that can grow plants like that. I tend to kill most thing except weeds but I have had good luck with roses.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous and unexpected blooms!

    Congrats on your 50 years of marriage...enjoy every day together.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a green thumb like your sister. What a gorgeous orchid! I have tried to grow orchids, but if the survival of the species was dependent upon me, they'd be extinct. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th wedding anniversary. That's definitely something to be proud of.
    My Saturday Snapshot post features WALLA WALLA, WA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers! Happy anniversary and congratulations on 50 years -- it is quite an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. 50 years. That's something to shoot for. My husband and I will celebrate 24 years in a couple of weeks. Not too many other people can make my marriage feel young, but I guess we have a long way to go in comparison to yours. Must have been orchids blooming after your wedding too. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete