Tuesday, June 10, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Say When






Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea shares the first paragraph or two of the book she is currently reading, or hopes to read soon. Stop by her blog, grab the button and join us in sharing a First Chapter, First Paragraph Intro.




Say When
Elizabeth Berg
Atria Books   2003
Of course he knew she was seeing someone. He knew who it was, too. Six months ago, saying she needed a new direction in her life, saying she was tired of feeling helpless around anything mechanical, that she had no idea how to even change a tire, Ellen had taken a course in basic auto mechanics - "Know Your Car", it was called. She'd come back the first night saying it was amazing, she'd had the admittedly elitist idea that mechanics were illiterate, but this one was so well-spoken, and he'd walked in the classroom carrying a pile of books he'd just bought - hardback! Mostly new fiction, she'd said. But also, Balzac, because he'd never read him . 

What do you think? Would you read this one?  I have read 3 other of Elizabeth Berg's titles and I enjoyed each one.

I am hoping to get this one finished by the end of the week.




Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

11 comments:

  1. to me it sounds interesting enough to keep reading - plus you already know author's style, so enjoy!
    Mine's a debut w giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would read on to find out what was going on. I've never read this author. I hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting and the cover pulls me in, so yes...I would read on!
    Today I'm featuring The Vacationers by Emma Straub.
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/tuesday-memes-vacationers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this author, and haven't read this particular novel, so thanks for sharing! Thanks also for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, I want a mechanic who reads Balzac! It sounds like a dream come true. And Ellen sounds like a fun character! Thanks for sharing :)
    My Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard wonderful things about Elizabeth Berg's writing. I would keep reading. I'm curious to know more about Ellen and this mechanic of hers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I had to see was the author's name and I knew I'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would go on reading. The opening sounds good to me...

    Here is my POST.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great beach read - I'd continue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this author's books in the past --sounds good --haven't read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Balzac either. I really like Elizabeth Berg's books. She's so good.

    ReplyDelete