Sunday, May 18, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?





Sheila at Book Journey hosts this fun meme every Monday. Join us at her blog, check out what others  are reading and link up your post, so the rest of us can see what you are reading this week.


This morning I will be finishing~
WOW, I am loving it.  I will have a review later. You know that I am retired but this week and for the next couple of weeks I am helping out at my old office. One of the ladies is having shoulder surgery, so I will help do the Accounts Payable and Payroll. I don't mind and a little extra money is always welcome when you are on a fixed income.

Mr Busy and I will be finishing up Heat Lightning the second in the Virgil Flowers series from John Sandford. We are enjoying this one too.


 A killer is leaving a puzzling calling card in the mouths of his victims. And in the middle of a steamy Minnesota summer, Virgil Flowers of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension finds himself embroiled in an investigation with no easy answers?and no easy way out.

 Small-town librarian Kathleen Paulson never wanted to be the crazy cat lady. But after Owen and Hercules followed her home, she realized her mind wasn't playing tricks on her-her cats have magical abilities.

When the body of elderly do-gooder Agatha Shepherd is found near Kath's favorite local café, she knows Owen's talent for turning invisible and Hercules's ability to walk through walls will give the felines access to clues Kath couldn't get without arousing suspicion. Someone is hiding some dark secrets-and it will take a bit of furtive investigating to catch the cold-hearted killer.

Also I started this little cozy mystery. It will be kept in my car. A way to get a little reading in no matter where I happen to be. I don't do a lot of waiting in my car, but every once in awhile I find myself sitting. This copy was a win from Cozy Chicks blog over a year ago and it is signed by Sophie Kelly. I'm a bit ashamed of myself that I haven't read it. Better late than not at all I guess. 




Then from the acclaimed author of The Bean Trees and Homeland, comes a powerful story of love and courage in an exotic southwestern landscape. Blending flashbacks, dreams, and Native American myths, this is a suspenseful love story and a moving exploration of life's greatest commitments.


I will start Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver. It is the next read for my F2F book club. I am looking forward to this one. A change from the non fiction ones we have been reading. 



So....until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




5 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to read the Thirteenth Tale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked The Thirteenth Tale, too.... just couldn't put it down at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Thirteenth Tale! I am so glad you are enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to read The Thirteenth Tale. I hope you enjoy it! Reading Joanne's comment, I should get a copy soon.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete