Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 13th Tale and Dark of the Moon.


It's Monday! What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is a great place to see what others in blog land are reading, and maybe find you next read. Join us at Sheila's blog and link up at post about what your current read or multiple reads are.

This week Mr Busy and I have started listening to Dark of the Moon by John Sandford.


We are loving the mystery of the who done it. It is our first time reading or listening to John Sandford and it will not be the last. We like Virgil Flowers and the setting in SW Minnesota and Eastern South Dakota is familiar to us. I was born in Sioux Falls SD and we are familiar with some of the towns he mentions.

I started reading The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield .
It has been on my Kindle for over a year, and I finally started it. 

Of course, I am still trying to listen to The Goldfinch. I like the story a lot. The story is slow moving and the narration is soothing, to the point of putting me to sleep. And I need to find quiet me time to listen, so that usually happens in the evening as I am ready for bed, I am already tired.  I recommend this very large book, though, it is beautifully written . 

Today and tomorrow I am planning everything I need to take to a Quilt Retreat from Wednesday through Sunday. I am so excited to spend 4 1/2 days with these wonderful friends. Yes, I will have my Kindle and no there is no internet or cell phone service. So I will be "out of pocket" as my old boss used to say. The lodge is in a beautiful setting in the Black Hills of South Dakota area.
This is the setting of the Ranch A historical site where we will be spending 4.5 days. 

This is a close up of the front porch. If you look hard you see the "A" that is hanging from the ceiling of the porch. 

 I will be able to have lunch with my sister in nearby Sturgis SD on Wednesday and that always makes me happy.  Have any of you every heard of Sturgis SD?  



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy






5 comments:

  1. Have fun at the quilt retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt retreat sounds wonderful. I enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale -- hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your quilting retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your quilting retreat it sounds like fun. I've had a copy of The Thirteenth Tale on bookshelf since it came out lol. I hope you like it.
    Here's my It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love The Thirteenth Tale! Have fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete