Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro ~ We Are Water



Every Tuesday, Kathy at Bibliophile By The Sea shares the first paragraph or two of here current read. Join us and share what you are reading this week. 



We Are Water
Wally Lamb
November 2013
Harper Collins Publishers, Inc.




Gualtiero Agnello
Agust 2009

I understand there was some controversy about the coroner's ruling concerning Josephus Jones's death. What do you think, Mr Arnello?  Did he die accidentally or was he murdered?"
               " Murdered? I can't really say for sure , Miss Arnofsky, but I have my suspicions.  The black  community was convinced that's what it was. Two Negro brothers living down at that cottage with a  white woman? That would have been intolerable for some people back then.  


What do you think? Would you continue to read ? 
This is the selection for my F2F bookclub to read over the summer. I am looking forward to it and to several others too. It also fits in my Mega Mix II Challenge. 


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy 

13 comments:

  1. I've looked at several Wally Lamb's. I've wanted to read them but have never got to it. Enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how this one goes.

      Delete
  2. I love Wally Lamb novels!!

    Here is my teaser post from Night Fish by Kristine Ong Muslim .

    AND

    Here is my intro post from Sufficient Ransom by Sylvia Sarno .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his novels, but have yet to get to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to this one. It is on my kindle, think is wasn't real expensive.

      Delete
  4. I like Wally Lamb too. Someone in my book club suggested this book but someone else had an objection. That really made me want to read it. Now I need to just find the time. (His books are always so long.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is 559 pages including the "Gratitude" pages. So a bit longer than my normal books too, but not at long as Ken Follett or Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch!! LOL

      Delete
  5. I did not like the one Wally Lamb book I've read (She's Come Undone), but this intro did draw me in!
    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-chasing-sun-natalia-sylvester/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Wally Lamb! This one wasn't my favorite, but it's still a great story. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be losing it -- I read this one and liked it well enough, but the intro is totally foreign to me now....LOL enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have enjoyed the Wally Lamb books I've read and think I would like this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working in the coroner's office, anything which mentions the Coroner usually got my attention :)

    ReplyDelete