Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday Snapshop - when I'm not reading!


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.




 This is a BOW ( Block of the Month) that was sponsored by my local quilt shop in 2011. It is called America Modern by Bernatex and the fabric is Nancy Halvorson.  I got stopped on it in 2012 and finally finished it this week. The original pattern stopped at the pieced red/gold/teal border, but it did not fit the bed where I want it to live. So I added a 10" border all around. It is now ready to go to the long arm quilter and then I will have to put on the binding. There was barely enough room to lay it out on our family room floor. You can see my antique cedar chest corner peeking out. :)  I also have plans to make a contrasting dust ruffle following a tutorial I found on Pinterest. It will be attached to the box spring with hook and loop tape. I hope it will work. Of course all this will necessitate new paint on the walls, new curtains and a total redecorate of our guest room!!  

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! The dark border frames the bright colored center and makes it stand out. Good choice. I've never tried a block-of-the-month quilt but I think I'd enjoy that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Looks very cozy. =) Here’s my SNAPSHOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your handiwork. This will look so fabulous on your bed. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am soooo impressed and think your color choice has such a great effect! This is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful. I love the colors including the blue border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work! I love the pink colour.

    ReplyDelete