Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury



It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. As she says, it’s “a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!”



This week I am reading:

 



From Goodreads: A Time to Dance (Timeless Love #1)by Karen Kingsbury4.28 of 5 stars
John and Abby were the perfect couple. But after surviving twenty-one years of love, loss, and laughter, they are about to lose it all. They've become strangers, and finally they make the sad decision to divorce. They gather their three children to tell them the news, but before they can speak, their daughter makes an announcement of her own: she's getting married that summer. Determined not to ruin their daughter's season of happiness, Abby and John secretly agree to put their divorce plans on hold. But as the wedding nears, they are haunted by questions. And is it possible to find joy, after all these years, and perhaps the time...to dance?


I had no idea what to expect from this book, Karen Kingsbury is a new author to me, though I have been getting her facebook page on my news feed for some time. It is a very Christian based story with lots of scriptual reference. And the subject matter is familiar to me. It is touching my heart.


Mr Busy and I are still listening to The Collectors by David Baldacci. We have been away from it for awhile. On Thursday I came down with an awful stomach virus that laid me low for almost 3 days and on Saturday, it got a hold of Mr B. He is still just "puny". We listened some yesterday, Easter was a bust for us, but we both fell asleep. Guess we need the sleep more. Hopefully this week , it is supposed to be warmer and sunny, we will both start to feel better and we can finish it. It is due back at the library on Wednesday, but I can always renew it and take it back later. Hope you all have a super week. I will be working on a quilting project in addition to getting some reading done.




Until next time


Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. My mom is a big fan of Karen Kingbury. I hope you are enjoying your audiobook this week and carve out some time for it. Enjoy!

    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of the author but a Time to Dance sounds emotional but beautiful.

    Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by Karen Kingbury but I've heard good things about her books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and Mr. B are feeling better. There have been many 'bugs' going around our church, family and friends. We had a quiet Easter too. How nice that you and hubby listen to audiobooks together! It is rare for me to get my DH to listen with me. He always wants to "wait for the movie".

    ReplyDelete