Tuesday, April 22, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros A Time to Dance

Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts this meme every Tuesday. It's a way share the first paragraph of the first chapter of you current read or maybe from a title you just finished. Hop on over to Diane's blog and link up to share yours or to read what others are reading.


Last week I shared that I was going to start Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman.  However, when I finished Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs, I wasn't feeling Wildflower Hill. In fact, I ended up coming down with a nasty stomach flu and spent Thursday and Friday in bed. Saturday was a bit better, but then Mr. Busy got sick. Needless to say all our Easter plans got cancelled. We both are better today. It helps that the sun is shining, the weather is warm, I even have the front door open and screen partly open. I can hear birds singing and you can almost hear the grass start to grow! LOL.


Anyway, I decided to chose a different book to read. This one has been on my bookshelf for a few months.

a Time to Dance 
Karen Kingsbury
Timeless Love Series #1
Thomas Nelson Inc.   2001

Without question, it was the moment Abby Reynolds had waited for all her life.
Beneath the Friday-night lights, in the biggest college stadium in the state of Illinois , Abby's husband was on the brink of winning his second high-school football championship.  Moreover he was about to do so largely on the talents of their older son, the team's senior quarterback. 

Now, I did not pick this book because of the first paragraph or the first two. I picked it because of the title,  A Time to Dance. It is part of  a favorite bible verse of mine. Ecclesiastes 3:1,4 .  Also it fits into 2 challenges that I am doing this year. Mega Mix II from Love of Reading group on Goodreads and What's in a Name 2014 hosted by Charlie at The Worm Hole.  I am about 1/3 of the way finished, the story is touching my heart.

Do the first two paragraphs of the first chapter grab you?



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



8 comments:

  1. The beginning doesn't especially grab me, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about this story...and this author. Thanks for sharing. And here's mine: “THE DEEPEST SECRET”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you and your husband are feeling better. Being sick over a holiday weekend is no fun at all!

    I would keep reading. I've been wanting to try the author as I keep hearing good things about her books.

    (That's one of my favorite Bible verses too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds promising. I'd keep reading. enjoy your book and thanks so much for stopping by today. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feeling better :) I would probably need to know more, but I think the cover is very pretty and enticing as well. Glad you are enjoying it and it fits in with you at the moment.
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, this one doesn't interest me but hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the flu bug and your cancelled Easter plans. I love that Ecclesiastes poem too. I like that you chose the book based on that quote. Hope the book ends up being a good one.

    ReplyDelete