Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Time to Dance : What's in A Name 2014 and Mega Mix II.

A Time to DanceA Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 from the book: "They are the perfect couple-envied by their friends, cherished by their children, admired by their peers. But John and Abby Reynolds know they are pretending to be happy. In fact, they're waiting for the right time to tell the kids they're going to divorce. But at the family meeting where they plan toe tell their children, Nicole shares a surprise of her own; she's getting married. How can they spoil her joy with their announcement? They can pretend a little longer - until after the wedding. But questions begin to haunt them as the date draws nearer. What happened to the love and commitment that held them together for so long? Is it still there somewhere under all the pain and misunderstanding? And is it still possible, alone in the moonlight on an old wooden pier, to once more find..a time to dance? "

my thoughts:  This story is very close to home. I understand the pain and misunderstanding. I understand the hurt and the loss of trust. I understand the anger and the vindictiveness. This story touched my heart. I picked up this book at a bookstore on the sale rack. I had not heard of Karen Kingsbury, but the title spoke to me. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven...a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:1,4. I had no idea what the focus of the story was, but I needed to hear it.







Mega Mix II Challenge on Goodreads



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed several books by Karen Kingsbury. I'm glad you enjoyed her as a 'new' to you author. This books sounds like it could be tough - but hopefully there is hope in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on What's In A Name, Judy, and I'm glad the book spoke to you. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete