Monday, March 10, 2014

Two finishes and a new start 3/10/14


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  As she says, it’s “a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!” You can join us at her blog, there are lots of participants and lots of books to peruse. 


Finished:

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.  You can read my short review HERE

King and Maxwell  by David Baldacci. This was the last in the series that Mr Busy and I listened to. I did a quick  review on Goodreads too. 

Started: 

The Telling Room : A Tale of Love, Betrayal, Revenge and the World's Greatest Piece of Cheese. 



Last week on Tuesday I shared the First Chapter First Paragraph on Diane's Tuesday meme at her blog : Bibliophile By the Sea. I hadn't even received the book from Amazon at that time, so the first paragraph was shared from Amazon's website. The book arrived and I started to read. It is way better than the first paragraph led me to believe. 

From the front cover flap:  In the picturesque village of Guzman, Spain, in a cave dug into a hillside on the edge of town, an ancient door leads to a cramped limestone chamber known as "the telling room". Containing nothing bua a wooden table and two benches, this is where villagers have gathered for centuries to share their stories and secrets - usually accompanied by copious amounts of wine.

The author paints an amazing picture of the countryside of Spain and it's people. His writing is descriptive and colorful. I am enjoying the read immensely. 


This week I continue to listen to The Goldfinch by Donna Tart on my kindle and The Land of Painted Caves by Jean A Auel is still on my nightstand. 

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy






2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one. Hope you like it!

    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read the King and Maxwell series. I liked the TV series, but it was canceled. Looks like you had a great week. Hope this one is great too.

    ReplyDelete