Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Quiet!" I said " Be Quiet"

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop TalkingQuiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Though this isn't a book I loved, it was a good read. I was startled when at 78% my kindle said "you're finished!" It's not that it ends abruptly, it's just that there is a whole lot of acknowledgements, a large bibliography, and stuff at the end. Susan Cain certainly did her research.

I always thought of myself as an introvert, my sister doesn't think so. I used to think she was an extrovert, but she thinks she is an introvert. After reading this book, I have decided we are both right. We are a mix.

I enjoyed this book in the sense that it validated my feelings at times. That it is OK to want to work alone instead of always in a group. How it its important to have your own space. Something that is even more apparent to me now that I am older and spending every moment with my husband of very nearly 50 years.

Read this book, if you think you are an introvert. Read it if you live with an introvert. Read it if your children or loved ones are introverts. It is full of information, good information.


View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Being and "introvert", I loved this one, and my coworker, and extrovert, loved it as well as she said it helped her to understand people she has to work with every day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have been an introvert in the past but am pretty much considered an extrovert now. The subtitle caught my attention though, because I think people don't spend very much time thinking before they talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from the Nonfiction Reading Challenge.

    I found this book helpful, too. I've always identified as an introvert, but some welcome extroverted tendencies surfaced at about age 40. This book helped with both sides!

    ReplyDelete