Friday, March 28, 2014

Non Fiction Reading Challenge Entries #3 & #4

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Anne Lamott writes a frank nothing is sacred little book about the 3 essential kinds of prayer. She thinks that all prayer falls into these 3 catagories.  Help - Please, God help me get through this!
Thanks - Thankyouthankyouthankyou for helping me accept this situation.   And Wow!- I'm speechless, God, that sunset is awesome!

This book is not written just for Christians although Anne Lamott professes to be a Christian. She explores all types of higher power.

I grinned and really enjoyed this small easily read book. Yes, I agree, most prayers are Help, Thanks or Wow, but maybe I needed a little nudge to remember that I do pray all day. And that is the way, my God says I should.

I am glad I have this little book. I will re read it often.  I recommend this book to all who believe in some higher power, be it my Christian God, an agnostic's "somebody up there", or something else. 



My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I want to believe, I really do!
Dr. Alexander writes a compelling memoir of his 7 day coma, NDE and reawakening. He had awesome medical support and care at Lynchberg General Hospital in Virginia. He experienced and is able to articulate his experiences in a way we can all understand ( almost). Some of the medical jargon and the explanation of his NDE is hard to follow. But I know, somewhere in my deepest inner thoughts, that NDEs are possible. I am just finding it hard to fully accept. Not sure why, not sure I even want to know why. 








No comments:

Post a Comment