Monday, March 24, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Same, Same and some other stuff!



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. As she says, it's "a great way to plan out your reading week and see what other are currently reading as well...you never know where that next 'must read' book will come from!"

I am still reading The Land of Painted Caves by Jean A. Auel. It is 828 pages and I am still listening to The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt it is 32 hours or 771 pages!


and 
 
but lest you think I have been lazy, these are  some other projects that I have been working on. 
 This is a small baby quilt for my newest great grandson who oddly enough lives in Arizona and who has a mom who is a huge Denver Bronco fan. It will go in the mail this week, I finished it last week, but with all the 90th birthday party plans going on this week, I did not get it in the mail. 
And this banner was completed just in time to hang on the First Day of Spring. Of course, we then got more snow, but it has just about all melted away and I hope it stays away. 

I am also working on completing a quilt top that I started just before I retired in October 2011. I thought I would have lots of free time to get it completed in record time.  NOT!!  I have challenged myself to get it ready for the quilter by the first week of May.  The pieced blocks are done, as is the applique, I have to put the blocks together and all the borders.  Alas, one of the borders is pieced too, so we will see. Here is the quilt in progress. 
It is on my design wall, the blocks are sewn in diagonal rows so that the blocks are on point . The colors are shades of  burgundy, green, gold, teal and cream. I like it a lot, but it sure has taken me longer than I thought. 



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by both your reading at the moment (huge books) and beautiful quilts! I have the Auel book on my Kindle and would love to read Goldfinch. One of these days I hope to get to both of them.

    My recap: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/weekly-book-recap-59.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are new to me but I hope you enjoy them!

    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Also check out our OUAT 4 year Giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really struggled with The Land of Painted Caves - only read it because I'd read all the others. I have Goldfinch on my kindle after reading nothing but good about it. My sewing machine is feeling very neglected at the moment - hopefully will get to it soon. You can check out my Monday here http://www.kyliesreads.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are two long books to read/listen to at the same time! I hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I applaud you--two chunksters at once and a lot of quilting! I can handle one chunkster but I need something quick and easy on the side to keep me encouraged and make me feel like I'm accomplishing something. And my crafty-ish things have to be quick or I get bored and give up on those too. I just made myself sound like an impatient person, didn't I? And yet I don't think I am in general. Anyway, enjoy your week and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete