Monday, March 17, 2014

In A Rut? or Unmotivated?



Please join us as Sheila at Book Journey and the rest of us share what we are reading or hope to read in the coming week. But beware, your TBR list will probably grow to overwhelming!  But then, you will have a great selection of titles that others have loved, liked or at the very least reviewed. FUN!



The Whole Truth (A. Shaw, #1)The Whole Truth by David Baldacci
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nicholas Creel and Dick Pender are two men bent on bringing the Cold War back. Creel is a multi-multi-millionaire who thinks he can have whatever he wants and Pender, the Perception Manager, hired by Creel wants to give it to him.

A. Shaw, a man with no first name and a very unusual past has a different plan. Shaw, reluctantly, works for or maybe more correctly is owned by a multinational intelligence agency. He is a stone cold killer, with a heart that has been touched by an extremely intelligent and beautiful German born woman who works for the Phoenix Group, a think tank in the US.

Add Katie James to the mix and you have a David Baldacci thriller that will keep you turning pages or in my case, putting the next disc in rather than eating. As usual there are twists and turns in the story that will keep you guessing right up to the very end. There are major villains, even a few minor ones ( like Frank). But the Good Guys always win and that's a good part of why I like Baldacci stories.


View all my reviews


This week I am still working on the same 3 books,The Telling Room, The Goldfinch and The Land of Painted Caves. And WE did finish listening to The Whole Truth by David Baldacci while he continued to build on an airplane and I continued to work on a quilting challenge. I will have pictures of both those things later this week.  I should finish The Telling Room by Michael Paterniti today. It is the selection for my F2F book club and we meet tomorrow night. We are sharing wine and cheese, and I am hoping for a good discussion.

Plans are shaping up for the big birthday celebration for this coming weekend. My MIL turns 90 and is living in an retirement community close to us. Our daughter , son -in-law, granddaughters, a grandson-in-law and a great grandbaby and a granddaughter's boyfriend are staying at our house. Can anyone say FULL HOUSE and smile???  Mr Busy's one brother and both his sisters will come to town too, but are staying in a hotel as are my sister and her husband. Whoo Woo, we will be busy!

And sadly I have a funeral to attend and provide a carry in for ( a friend's husband passed away after a short but brave fight with cancer) and another quilting friend is moving to California and we are having a going away gathering at Old Chicago on Wednesday. I don't see a lot of reading getting done this week.

4 comments:

  1. The Whole Truth sounds interesting. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. I hope you enjoy your company this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that you can have three books going at the same time. One in print and one on audio is usually about all I can handle. Enjoy your family celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baldacci always delivers an interesting and well crafted story, doesn't he? Glad he came through again!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely enjoyed Baldacci books before. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete