Tuesday, March 11, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 3/11/14



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.



Hopefully this week I will be able to get started fulfilling the Mega Mix II challenge on Goodreads. It is one I enjoyed in the past and am anxious to do again. There are 10 items on the challenge and it is not a timed challenge. The first one is :

1. Read 4 books from your bookshelf. We are going old school!  No e books, no audio books, no technology. The books I selected are Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs, Say When by Elizabeth Berg, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, and Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I shared the first chapter of Perks already. So here is the first paragraph from the first chapter of Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs. 

1
February 2006
Gus Simpson adored birthday cake.
Chocolate, coconut, lemon, strawberry, vanilla--she had a particular fondness for the classics. Even though she experimented with new flavors and frostings, drizzling with syrups and artfully arranging  hibiscus petals,  Gus more often took the retro route with piped-on flowers or a flash of candy sprinkles across the iced top. Because birthday cake was really about nostalgia, she knew, about reaching in and using the senses to remember one perfect childhood moment. 


So would you read on?  I am looking forward to starting this one. 

Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


9 comments:

  1. As a foodie, yes I like that intro...enjoy and so happy you joined us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that tempt me with taste delights....and the title beckons. So does the excerpt. Thanks!

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/first-chapter-first-paragraph-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually read The Friday Night Knitting Club so would read this author again. Though I'm not much of a baker myself but do love cake :)
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better reading about delicious comfort food than eating it all! I'd read on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read The Friday Night Knitting Club and loved it. l still remember those characters. I hope you enjoy it as I did.

    ReplyDelete