Saturday, February 1, 2014

Other Than Books This is What Else I Do! Saturday Snapshot (s)


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at  West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.



In January, I finished 8 books. Yes some of them were audio and according to the discussion on Goodreads, maybe I shouldn't count them as read, but I do. I have 3 others with bookmarks in various places. In addition to the eight books, I am working on some sewing/quilting projects. Some of my quilting pals have stated that maybe I don't get many quilting projects done because I read too many books. Hum-mm, I think I can do it all.

One of the quilting groups I belong to, is having a UFO challenge. We all made a list of 6 projects that we wanted to complete in the next 12 months. We donated 6 dollars to the kitty. The "keeper" rolled a die and which ever number was rolled is the project we work on for the next 2 months.  The two months of January and February I am working on completing a project I started in 2011. It was a free pattern at Jenny's blog. She has awesome stitchery designs.  Here is a picture of the progress of my Give Thanks Banner.



You can see I have 9 of the twelve mini stitcheries completed, 1 ready to finish the binding (bottom right hand corner), one in the hoop, and the last one still to stitch.  Each of the small quilts , if you will, say something like " for love", " for friends" "for peaceful sleep", and they hang on a quilted banner that says "Give Thanks". I love it and am so anxious to get it done!

Also, I made a small flannel quilt ( I call it a  lovey) for a great niece born last Friday in Minneapolis. This one was also a sort of UFO. I had the pale flannel squares from a 4 in 1 baby quilt kit. ( I purchased 24 flannel fat quarters and a book, that made 4 small baby quilts).  I wanted all the butterflies to coordinate, so when the new mommy told me the nursery was planned in coral and teal, I finished it. Can you see the butterflies?
Butterfly quiltThe backing is the coral fossil fern flannel and the binding is scrappy, both coral and teal. I am happy with the result. 
This little quilt, a matching burp cloth and a princess themed pillow case for Big Sister Maddie went in the mail on Monday.  Monday and Tuesday I started on a quilt for my grandson's expected little boy. The baby's mom is a Denver Bronco fan even though they live in the Phoenix area. So here is the quilt so far. I will wait for the birth information before having that info embroidered on the center square. I will send it off to be professionally quilted, bind it with a tiny navy plaid and then mail it to the new little one.  The baby is due the end of February. Fingers crossed for a Super Bowl win on Sunday! 
Guess I have been pretty productive the last couple of weeks. 



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics - and yes you can totally count audio as read - I do. If not for audio my book count each year would be pitiful... I do not always have the time to sit and read a book but while cooking or cleaning I can put on an audio book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make quilts, but I haven't in more than ten years. I miss quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Love the mini quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely improved with all you've accomplished -- books and quilts. I love the coral and teal quilt. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete