Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading! More of the same and a new one!




     It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  As she says, it’s “a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!”


These Monday posts are beginning to be a bit redundant!. I have been having a slow week in the reading venue. I have been sort of glued to the tube and watching the Olympics. I have enjoyed them a lot. 

I am still listening to The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. 


There has been lot of negative on the internet regarding this book, but I am enjoying the story. I guess I don't care if Theo is a whinner, maybe he has a right to be. I don't really care if Mrs Barbour is a social butterfly. She has a kind heart. Now, granted, I am only 33% into this book, but it is an interesting and thought provoking read for me. 



I am also still reading Quiet:.
This one too has me thinking about what kind of a personality I put out there to the rest of my world. Am I shy and quiet? Am I anxious and wanting to hide?  Something to think about, for sure. 


And I have started to read. The Land of  Painted Caves    Jean M. Auel. This is the 6th book in the series and I have been waiting to corral a copy for awhile. It is loaned to me by a friend so I feel the need to read it and return it in a reasonable amount of time. 




Mr Busy and I finished listening to The Sixth Man by David Baldacci as we each worked in our respective hobby rooms. I was cutting fabric for a Spring wall hanging and he was working on building a balsa wood radio controlled airplane. 




I know this looks like a lot of reading, but they are different genres and different editions. I can often juggle more than one book, if listening to one, reading one on my Kindle and reading one in print edition. As I said last week, the listening of the audible version of The Goldfinch is a challenge because I need to be by myself with no other audio going on. That is hard to come by lately. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Quiet and Goldfinch --enjoy. I could really relate to much of Quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "try" to read only one book at a time. If I don't I tend to have too many going at once :) Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/02/its-monday-what-am-i-reading-21714.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete