Monday, February 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 2/10/14






It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  As she says, it’s “a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!”



I'm still plugging away on 
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking and 
I am still listening to the audible version on The Goldfinch on my kindle. 


This is getting really interesting. It is a long audible version, 32 hours. I can't listen when the TV is on, so I have to take time when I am alone or at least by myself in another part of the house. One of the "perks" of  being retired "Twice as much husband and 1/2 as much time to read"   hahaha. 

Together we are listening to another audio book on the CD player near our hobby rooms. A friend loaned us a copy of The Innocent Man.  It is making me mad and sad at the same time. I really want to have faith in our judicial system but this non-fiction shows me that I cannot. 

I hope to start
The Telling Room by Michael Paterniti,  if I can get it at the library this week. It is the next selection of my F2F Book Club. 


Also this week I have a table runner to quilt and sew on the binding. And I continue to try to straighten my sewing room. It is supposed to warm up to 40F by Wednesday. I am excited about that. We have been having lots of cold and the snow isn't deep but it is slippery walking. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. I've heard such wonderful things about The Goldfinch. I'd love to read it, but its length has me holding off.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/sundays-weekly-book-recap-53.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these sound interesting! Hope you enjoyed them!


    Check out what we are reading this week.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete