Tuesday, February 4, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 2-4-14



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.

Chapter 1
Everlasting Gobstoppers
When Josey woke up and saw the feathery frost on her windowpane, she smiled. Finally, is was cold enough to wear long coats and tights. It was cold enough for scarves and shirts worn in layers. like camouflage. It was cold enough for her lucky red cardigan, which she swore had a power of it's own. She loved this time of year. summer was tedious with the light dresses she pretended to be comfortable in while secretly sure she looked like a loaf of white bread wearing a belt. The cold was such a relief

  I checked this book out at our library, it is the February read from Love of Reading group on Goodread, and it fits the 2nd item in the What's in a Name 2014 challenge, read a book whose title refers to a position of  royalty.


The Sugar Queen
by Sarah Addison Allen
Bantam Books June 2008

So what do you think?  Would you read on?  Maybe there is something to be said for all this recent cold?
 I will start this probably sometime today. It is due back at the library in 2 weeks.


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


11 comments:

  1. I read this one and enjoyed it -- good intro too ---enjoy Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the author, so I would continue reading. My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so cold here, I think I'd rather read about the heat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the intro but it is not a genre I read...

    Here is my intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that opener! And I am going to soon experience this author for the first time (The Peach Keeper); this one is definitely going on my list.

    Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not familiar with the author. I will look forward to your review. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read this series forever. Someday I actually will!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would like to read on, maybe would like to know more from the blurb about the story. I do like the front cover, interesting with her facing away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I lived in the Midwest I felt the same way about my winter clothes. They made me feel comfortable and warm and cared for. Great intro.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this author. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete