Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros Jean M. Auel's 6th




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading


8318666


The band of travelers walked along the path between the clear sparkling water of Grass River and the black-streaked white limestone cliff,  following the trail that paralleled the right bank. They went single file around the bend where the stone wall jutted out closer to the water's edge. Ahead a smaller path split off at an angle toward the crossing place, where the flowing water spread out and became shallower. bubbling around exposed rock. 

This is the first paragraph of the 6th in the series of the Earth's Children by Jean M. Auel.  I fell in love with Ayla in Clan of the Cave Bear back in the late 1980s.  Jean Auel tells an amazing story of a world none of us know except through her extensively researched writing. Have you read Earth's Children?  Would you read on?

I wanted to read this when it first was published, but could only find the hardcover and couldn't afford it then. This is a paperback edition loaned to me by a friend. I am so excited to revisit Alya and Jondalar and their baby daughter.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. I saw the series at the library some time ago and may have skimmed through one of the books. Does sound like interesting storytelling.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound interesting.....I want to know more....

    Here is my intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great descriptions of nature. I would read on. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Clan of The Cave Bears many years ago--one was enough so I wouldn't read this one. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series is on my bucket list and I actually own copies of the first two books. Enjoy! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read all of them, book 1 is still my favourite I think. You are right, enormous researches have gone into those books and made me curious about prehistoric history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to tell my husband about this series. He too was enamored of Clan of the Cave Bear books when they first came out. Thanks for sharing, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOunds very good and this series is suppose to be very good ---enjoy

    ReplyDelete