Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Ebook Challenge & Page Turners February reads




This Challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads. If you want to join me, log on to Sarah's blog Workaday Reads and sign up on the sign in page. Then chose a level of ebooks you think you will read. All the rules and directions are on Sarah's blog. You're going to read books on your e reader anyway, might as well keep track and meet a challenge at the same time.


Help, Thanks, WowHelp, Thanks, Wow by Anne Lamott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Anne Lamott writes a frank nothing is sacred little book about the 3 essential kinds of prayer. She thinks that all prayer falls into these 3 catagories.  Help - Please, God help me get through this!
Thanks - Thankyouthankyouthankyou for helping me accept this situation.   And Wow!- I'm speechless, God, that sunset is awesome!

This book is not written just for Christians although Anne Lamott professes to be a Christian. She explores all types of higher power.

I grinned and really enjoyed this small easily read book. Yes, I agree, most prayers are Help, Thanks or Wow, but maybe I needed a little nudge to remember that I do pray all day. And that is the way, my God says I should.

I am glad I have this little book. I will re read it often.  I recommend this book to all who believe in some higher power, be it my Christian God, an agnostic's "somebody up there", or something else.





This was not an ebook, but a companion read for my book club.

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I want to believe, I really do!
Dr. Alexander writes a compelling memoir of his 7 day coma, NDE and reawakening. He had awesome medical support and care at Lynchberg General Hospital in Virginia. He experienced and is able to articulate his experiences in a way we can all understand ( almost). Some of the medical jargon and the explanation of his NDE is hard to follow. But I know, somewhere in my deepest inner thoughts, that NDEs are possible. I am just finding it hard to fully accept. Not sure why, not sure I even want to know why. 


I am posting these reviews in February, but I read them in January. I will post Help, Thanks, Wow to the January ebook roundup.

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment