Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Snapshot Amaryllis



Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads . To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.




I haven't posted here for awhile. Seems there were no noteworthy photos that I wanted to share. But since Christmas the amaryllis that was in my mother's hospice room when she passed away in July 2012 has decided to bloom. I was hoping it would bloom Christmas 2012, but guess it needed some time to gather it's strength. I followed all my sister's directions this year in getting it to bloom. Fed it heavily in the summer, set it outside on my deck, brought it in in the fall, cut back the foliage and covered in the dark basement for 4 week. I brought it out at Thanksgiving and set it in a sunny south window that has a light covering so it is not intense light. When we got back from our Christmas trip there was a bloom stalk emerging. I decided to start taking pictures. The pictures here are approximately 2 days apart. 


 Taken December 28th
Taken Dec 30th
 Taken Jan 2nd

Taken this morning Jan 4th. 
 I will continue to post pictures here until it blooms. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



9 comments:

  1. Wow. Those things grow fast. Cool idea to take the time elapsed photos.

    Anne's Saturday Snapshots

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be sooo beautiful when it blooms. I had one once, and was silly enough to put it outside, where it promptly went brown and died! Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a picture of it in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Can't wait to see the rest of your photos from now to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use yo buy these until I learned they were poisonous to cats:) So pretty to enjoy in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! My little amaryllis is growing its bud too! Can't wait to see what color yours is! Mine is supposed to be bright red ... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! Have a great 2014!

    Here is my snapshot post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you can just about see it growing. I'm looking forward to seeing the bloom.

    ReplyDelete