Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday Snapshot Amaryllis #5- #9





Saturday Snapshot is hosted every Saturday by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads
To participate in Saturday Snapshot: post a photo that you ( or a friend or family member) have thaken then leave a direct link to you post in the Mister Linky at West Metro Mommy Reads. Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. Please don't post random photos that you find online. 



Last Saturday I posted pictures of my amaryllis that was starting to bloom. Today here are 5 more photos taken  every other day. A couple are the same day, a different view. 





These were taken at night, against my front room sheers. I didn't realize how wrinkled the sheer curtain was til I saw this photo.  Yikes, I need to get the steamer out!
As the bloom starts to open, it looks a little like it is from outer space. Or maybe a tad bit X-rated!


It is nearly 18" tall now and I think it will be a red flower. I wish I knew the variety name.  Usually they are so descriptive. 









I am writing this on Friday night. If it blooms in the morning, I will post another picture before linking this to Snapshot Saturday. Otherwise I will post a photo on the first day it blooms, even if it is Tuesday. 

Until Next Time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

6 comments:

  1. The growth rate is almost unbelievable - it's like Jack and the Beanstalk. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you feeding that plant? It grows at an astounding rate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures....it is almost there! Hopefully we'll see it in full bloom next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astonishing progress, I can't wait to see the full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is growing so fast!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my snapshot post.

    ReplyDelete