Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro #3 - Perks



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


Title:  the perks of being a wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Publisher: Gallery Books, a division of Simon & Schuster
Published: 1999

This title has been on my TBR list for some time now. I found it on sale at Hastings last week, when I went in to see if I could find the next title for my F2F book club. I did not find Help Thank Wow by Anne Lamont, but found this one. So I did not walk out empty handed. 



August 25,1991
Dear friend,
I am writing to you because she said you listen and understand and didn't try to sleep with that person at that party even though you could have. Please don't try to figure out who she is because then you might figure out who I am, and I really don't want you to do that. I will call people by different names or generic names because I don't want you to find me. I didn't enclose a return address for the same reason.  I mean nothing bad by this . Honest.



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy







11 comments:

  1. I read this years ago and although I am not a huge YA fan, I thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this book sitting way too long on my shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it but yet to get around it....

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this book for quite some time. I would keep reading based on the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great intro! I read this book during Banned Books week...and I was glad I did. Hope you enjoy it...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting . . . the beginning doesn't really appeal to me but I've seen this book everywhere. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to read this book for ages… even have a copy on the shelf. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to start! The author has me intrigued. I'm going to see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this for the first time a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. I thought the film adaptation was very well done -- gotta love Emma Watson.

    Here's my paragraph for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this book from that beginning. Definitely the way to grab the reader's attention! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete