Friday, December 6, 2013

The Friday 56 - #5 Crafting Calm





*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.



But to begin your practice immediately, another way to create a blessing basket is simply to embellish a pre-existing basket that you feel drawn to, using paint, ribbon, charms, and anything else that evokes blessings for you. Remember---------that's what's most important is not the actual crafting of the basket, but the spiritual practice behind it. 

16000401

In this wired, wild world, it is harder than ever to shut out noise and busyness in order to truly calm yourself, but in Crafting Calm, a D.I.Y. guide to peace of mind, you'll find inspiring ideas for how to do exactly that through a wide range of creative exercises.


I received this book in the mail from my sister. A "just because I thought of you gift".  I am hoping to find it inspiring and uplifting. I need to create some calm in my life and maybe this is just the encouraging focus I need. 


Until next time, 
Stay busy and stay happy or be creative and be calm


3 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like something I should explore! Enjoy...and stay calm. Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafting is calming. I do cross-stitch and knit, mostly on those days I feel low.
    Awesome book!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just love to read this book, I love how calming crafting is.
    Come see my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete