Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #7 Challenges met and challenges failed!

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. As she says, it’s “a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!”



I am writing this on Friday, so I can post it Monday morning before we climb in the car and drive to Colorado for Christmas with our daughter and her family.  

If all goes according to plan I will have finished reading:
 and returned it and State Fair by Earlene Fowler back to the library, and will be starting on 

   The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. It is the January selection for my F2F book club. I am looking forward to reading it. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books, so this will be a first read for me of J.K. Rowling ( Robert Galbraith)

 It is on my Kindle and easier to transport and read as we travel. I haven't finished listening to The Book Thief on CD, but will finish it when I get home .  My DH tried to listen with me but kept falling asleep, that wouldn't be a good one to put into the car CD player, so I will listen on my own. 


I have signed up for several challenges for 2014. I hope to be as successful as I was in 2013. 
The only challenge I failed was the Goodreads Challenge to read 80 books. It looks like I will only reach 73.  I read 61 in 2012, 12 over my challenge of 50 and I was optimistic to jump to a goal of 80 for 2013. Guess I will stay with 80 again in 2014. 

Today, my plan is to "plan to pack" and make a few sweet treats to take to our Christmas gathering. I am going to try a recipe I found on Jodi Nelson's blog, Pleasant Home called Melt in your Mouth Crock-pot Candy. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

ps: this addendum is Sunday night while watching Sunday Night Football. I did not get started on The Cuckoo's Calling, but did start on  
A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines.  The Cuckoo's Calling is on my Kindle and when I crawled into bed to read last night, it was "dead".  I had it plugged in on Thursday, but ?????.  Anyway, I turned to the bookcase headboard on our bed, and A Lesson Before Dying was on top. It is a small book, but borrowed from a member of my F2F book club and she recommended it. So far I am liking the writing and the story line is compelling. So I will continue it and take my Kindle with me to Colorado.  



2 comments:

  1. Cuckoos Calling was one of my Book Club's selection. I was not too crazy for it, but it seemed most others enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some snow here in Colorado. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!

    :)

    ReplyDelete