Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Monday! What are you Reading #6 Listening, reading and creating.


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  I am really enjoying this meme as a way to visit other's participating and see what everyone is reading. I have added lots of titles to my reading list as a result. So fair warning....you could be adding to yours too. Come and join us by visiting Sheila's blog and checking on all who link up. 


Today, I am listening to The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I must be one of the last in the country who hasn't already read this book. It was the only edition available at my library, due to the movie being released I am sure.  Listening to a book is good during this busy time of year. I can get 2 things done at once. I have been busily doing hand stitching and reading. 

My sister sent me a copy of  
It is not a book you read from cover to cover, though you could if you wanted to, but the idea is to create calm and this book needs to be savored and enjoyed. I have read some negative reviews, stating there are no DIY pictures etc. I am viewing it as a tutorial in attitude and gratitude. There are project ideas, but it is up to you to create your own calm, your own special art. 

Also I am back to Benni Harper, taking #14 State Fair by Earlene Fowler to bed with me at night.  This one takes place after Elvia and Emory's baby girl is born and Benni's Aunt Garnet is visiting from Arkansas. It is "county" fair time and there is lots of lemonade, corn dogs , agricultural  exhibits and of course a "dead body".  Hud is on the case and Benni can't keep her hands ( ie opinions) out of the investigation. It is a fun one. 

Until next time 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Book Thief either but I really want to after seeing the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Book Thief, either, Judy! I want to do so before seeing the movie, however. Enjoy your week...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Judy, I have read Book Thief but am curious how it is on audio :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder why I haven't read it either?! So many good books to read!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete