Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Monday. What Are You Reading? #5 Candlelight Christmas




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  I am really enjoying this meme as a way to visit other's participating and see what everyone is reading. I have added lots of title to my reading list as a result. So fair warning....you could be adding to yours too. Come and join us by visiting Sheila's blog and checking on all who link up. 

Last week, I was reading the 12th in the Benni Harper Mystery series and I also finished #13 in the series - Tumbling Blocks. I enjoyed these last 2 just as much as the first in the series. I have 2 more to read to finish the Mega Mix Challenge.  

I decided to take a break from Benni and read a book I plucked off the "Featured" shelf at the library last Tuesday. 




GOODREADS:
A single father who yearns to be a family man, Logan O'Donnell is determined to create the perfect Christmas for his son, Charlie. The entire O'Donnell clan arrives to spend the holidays in Avalon, a postcard-pretty town on the shores of Willow Lake, a place for the family to reconnect and rediscover the special gifts of the season.

One of the guests is a newcomer to Willow Lake— Darcy Fitzgerald. Sharp-witted, independent and intent on guarding her heart, she's the last person Logan can see himself falling for. And Darcy is convinced that a relationship is the last thing she needs this Christmas.

Yet between the snowy silence of the winter woods, and toasty moments by a crackling fire, their two lonely hearts collide. The magic of the season brings them each a gift neither ever expected—a love to last a lifetime.

So far I really like it. Goodreads says it in #10 in the Lakeshore Chronicles, but it doesn't seem to need any of the previous books to make sense.  Maybe because it is a Christmas story, it can stand alone.  I probably will add the Lakeshore Chronicles to my reading list though. So far I have like the character development , I could fall for Logan if only I were...35 years younger!...and the bits and pieces, like the spaghetti recipe and how to make Christmas pickles. Fun!!

I have a bit more gift wrapping to do, but mostly I am done. I won't do  any additional baking, we had a cookie exchange within a group that Mr Busy and I belong to, so I have a great variety in the cookie jar.  My decorating is complete, sparse though it is, so I am planning on reading a great deal. 

Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Christmas book and Christmas cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a great read going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a ton of baking still to do, between class parties, club parties and my husbands and son birthdays in the next week.

    Have a cheery week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete