Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday The Innocent


12849383
The Innocent
David Baldacci 
Read by Ron McLarty with Orlagh Cassidy



Will Robie had closely observed every  passenger aboard the short flight from Dublin to Edinburgh and confidently deduced that sixteen were returning Scots and fifty-three were tourists.

Robie was neither a Scot nor a tourist. 



So would you read on? or continue to listen?

This is an audio book that my DH and I started listening to on our road trip to spend Christmas with our daughter, her husband, 2 granddaughters, 1 grandson-in-law and our newest great grandson ( nearly 4 months old).  We have listened to 3 other books by this author and have enjoyed them all. They have all been good stories with enough intrigue to keep Mr Busy interested and enough relationship intrigue to keep me interested.  A good mix for us.  


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




ps:  Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all. 

6 comments:

  1. It does have an ominous tone somehow. I wonder if it's because I know Baldacci wrote it! I wouldn't read on because it's not the sort of book I choose to read even though I do know he is an outstanding author.

    Merry Christmas!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baldacci is always a good choice for a road trip -- keep reading:)

    Merry Christmas Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to and enjoyed this book. Love these two narrators. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love David Baldacci! I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not an author I'm familiar with, the opening does make you wonder why Robie was on that flight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to cut into this cake-who knows what lays beneath the sheets.

    ReplyDelete