Tuesday, December 10, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros. Daughters of the Quilt #1




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.





Hannah Lapp covered the basket of freshly gathered eggs with her hand, glanced behind her, and bolted down the dirt road. Early morning light filtered through the broad leaves of the great oaks as she ran toward her hope ...and her fears


So would you read on?  Have you read any of Cindy Woodsmall's other titles, or Beverly Lewis or Lauraine Snelling?  


This is the first in the Sister of the Quilt series by Cindy Woodsmall and I have been wanting to read it for some time. It was recommended to me by a fellow quilter.  It is listed as contemporary fiction but upon reading the back of the book and my friend's recommendation I know it is Amish Christian based. Usually these are great stories, with good lessons to be learned. I am needing that at this time. It is a borrowed book from the library so I hope to get to it soon. 


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy





8 comments:

  1. I haven't yet read this author...but I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always hesitant to start a new series, but this sounds like it might be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law would probably really like this one. She is a big fan of Beverly Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read this author. I have read Amish fiction and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I'd care for this one, but hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks for joining us this week; I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good beginning. I want to read more so I can find out why she's running. I like a good Amish story. I've read most of Beverly Lewis' books. I also love Beth Wiseman.

    ReplyDelete