Monday, November 11, 2013

Sharing my love of books......audio that is!




The world can change forever in a single...

SPLIT SECOND

Michelle Maxwell has just wrecked her promising career at the Secret Service. Against her instincts, she let a presidential candidate out of her sight for the briefest moment, and the man whose safety was her responsibility vanished into thin air. Sean King knows how the younger agent feels. Eight years earlier, the hard-charging Secret Service agent allowed his attention to be diverted for a split second. And the candidate he was protecting was gunned down before his eyes. Now Michelle and Sean are about to see their destinies converge.

Drawn into a maze of lies, secrets, and deadly coincidences, the two discredited agents uncover a shocking truth: that the separate acts of violence that shattered their lives were really a long time in the making-and are a long way from over...


My thoughts:
Michelle Maxwell is a tough, strong and caring woman. She is an Olympic athlete, comes from a family of police officers and is out to prove she just as good as any man. She doesn't give up without a fight and she fights to the last breath. As the events unfold that look like the end of her career with the Secret Service, she decides to visit Sean King to see if she can figure out if the events that ended his career in the Secret Service are connected to hers. She instinctively feels that they are.

I like both these characters. This audio book was narrated by Scott Brick, and although he did all the voices, male and female, it was easy to follow. 

My husband and I listened to this together and we both have become David Baldacci fans. The plots are relatively easy to follow and much harder to figure out. I for one, did not have the villain in this one pegged til the very last minute. 

We are anxious to continue with the second book with King and Maxwell as the main characters. 

I really enjoy listening to an audio book. I can work on my hand stitching. While we listened to this one, I completed a block of the month stitchery that I was working on. Continued working on a Christmas project I started a couple of years ago, and put the hanger sleeve on my September stitchery block of the month. I will share pictures of those projects later this week. I am also working this month at my former employer. I have been away from there for 2 years but they needed help while an employee is on medical leave. Boy, it has been stretching my memory bank and I am tired. 

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


2 comments:

  1. I love Baldacci's books - this sounds like another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    I haven't read any Baldacci books for ages, so it must be about time for me to find one out, as I know I have several on my shelves.

    I'm afraid that I don't do audio books though. For one thing, headphones or earpieces of any description give me instant earache .... but more importantly, I just can't stand being read to. Even as a child, I was quite happy to have bedtime stories curtailed just as soon as I could read for myself, albeit that I would have to look up words I didn't understand in the dictionary.

    This is just personal choice and I havdn't really ever considered the up-side of audio books, in that you are able to carry on with other hobbies whilst listening along, although I still think I would find this a distraction, as I have to have complete silence when I read.

    It sounds as though you enjoyed this particular audio and it certainly meant that your hands have been extra busy at the same time.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete