Saturday, November 23, 2013



Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads . To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.



Most of you who read my blog know that in addition to books, quilting is a passion of mine. Lately though I have lost my love for quilting. I don't understand what exactly happened, but I am trying to re-kindle the feeling I once had. That being said, I wanted to share the quilt I made for my newest great grandchild. The Winnie the Pooh images are from a panel that I cut apart. Then the smaller squares are some Pooh themed fabric and some that color coordinated. The back is a soft dark brown minkee. For those of you who don't sew, think stuffed animal fabric. The good kind! It turned out really well and Joseph's mommy likes it too. 





Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

9 comments:

  1. I love Winnie the Pooh, and that quilt is adorable! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Here is my snapshot post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Winnie the Pooh is a great theme for a child's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a cross stitch Winnie the Pooh blanket recently for my little nephew. It feels special, doesn't it, making something for a new family member that will stay with them for their life, & hopefully get passed onto their own children one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. It looks a bit like a stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your newest (!) great grandchild. That means that you have other great grandchildren, and that you are a blogging great grannie! That's incredible. What a beautiful quilt you made for him. I always admire people who can sew and quilt- it's certainly beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so so wonderful.. like Louise said, this is beyond me but admiring the talent, I can do that..thanks for sharing.. and congratulations

    ReplyDelete