Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Snapshot : The sewing machine has been humming!




Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.




In the last few weeks I have been working on finishing some projects. My plan for 2014 is to use up what is in my stash and finish projects that I have purchased and not finished. A plan to downsize and git r done!

All 2013 I have been taking part in a BOM from Shabby Fabrics. I have shared a few of them in past posts.
They come from designer Kathy Schmitz and are complete with fabric and backing. I only need to supply the batting and the sewing thread, and a scrap of fusible web. Here is August and November. They all fit on a standing frame that I display on top of our entertainment center. I am working on stitching December to have it ready by Dec 1st or no later than the 10th.

Also this fall, I worked on a seasonal banner set that has 4 parts, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. It was in the Quick Quilts magazine 2011. I have done Summer and here is Fall:
 This was made with fabrics from my stash. I did not purchase anything.  The same with the large table runner shown below. You can see the scrappy binding and even the backing piece was in my fall basket on the shelf. I did have to buy a piece of batting for this one. It is 27x36 and the largest batting I had in my stash had a chunk cut out of it. *sad face*   But I did purchase some fusible tape so I can put my batting scraps together for future projects.

This pattern is called Log Cabin Pumpkins and is from Suzanne's Art House. I purchased the pattern from Pinewood Cottage, the quilt store in Story WY during Story Days. I used all fabrics from my stash. 
At last but not least is the Turkey banner from Patchabilities. This is also from my fabric scraps and I completed it last year, but really like him, so every year he gets hung up too. 
You can't tell here, but our living room walls are sage green and all this fall decor looks good in here! This space between our front hall closet ( to the right) and the stairway edge (to the left) always has a seasonal banner occupying it. 

So I have been busy and I have also read or listened to 13 books since the first of October and during the month of November I am going to work part time for my former employer while the Admin. Assistant is off on medical leave.  Whew!  When I list it all, it seems overwhelming. But you know my mantra:

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

So until next time, 
SB&SH


6 comments:

  1. My goal, when I retire, is to pick back up quilting. I used to quilt small things before I had children and haven't done any in the past twenty years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful works. You are so clever. I love some of the gorgeous colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for completing so many projects this year. I've been very slack with my cross stitch lately. I finished a big baby blanket for me new nephew this time last year and haven't been inspired to get into anything else.
    I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! you work enough for all of us! Gorgeous sewing. I should sew more, I might more books read listening to them while I sew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed by all your projects! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete