Monday, November 4, 2013

It's Monday, What are You Reading?



Sheila over at Book Journey  sponsors this weekly meme. There is great participation, so go to her blog and visit the others participating  - be warned 
though… this meme tends to add to your reading list!



This week I am working on several books. Usually I don't read more than one book at a time, but occasionally I venture into that chaos.

I finished my book club's November read, so decided to start The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty on my Kindle. It was recommended by a close friend and the title really caught my interest. What is his secret? An affair, did he murder someone, is he really someone else?? So many options. It is really the story of 3 women in Australia whose live converge later in the story. So far, there has been a letter found accidentally that read" read on the event of my death", a confessed affair with her cousin, and another secret yet to be revealed.

I needed to work on completing the last leg of the Mega Mix Challenge from the Love of Reading Group at Goodreads, so I started #10 in the Benni Harper series by Earlene Fowler.  Benni and Gabe have moved into a new house, her best friend has recently been married and bought the local bookstore, her grandmother Dove is newly married too, and now her favorite mystery writer, Emma Baldwin has moved back to San Celina.  Gabe's friend Luke, from his LAPD days, has arrived in town on a mysterious assignment. What will Benni get herself into this time?

And my husband and I took a short road trip to attend a friend's daughter's wedding in a neighboring state, so we always try to do an audio book. I try to pick one that will hold his interest while he drives, so I usually opt for a David Baldacci, or Clive Cussler, or John Grisham. Not my regular authors, but I like them OK. Our trip did not take enough time to listen to the whole book, so we will finish it this week instead of watching Sitcom TV, which he hates. I will work on some hand embroidery and that way, get 2 things done at the same time!

Stay Busy and Stay Happy



3 comments:

  1. The Husband's Secret looks really good. I don't like to read more than one book at a time either but sometimes I end up doing that.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Husband's Secret.

    ENJOY the book and your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, this weekly meme does add to the reading list! LOL.

    The Husband's Secret looks good!!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete